Here is a few hand-picked quiet hotels in Paris:
- Best Western Premier Regent’s Garden: Mainly residential and quiet area, but walking distance to Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées. See prices on Booking.com.
- Hotel Ares Eiffel: Close to Eiffel but quiet as it is off the beaten track. See prices on Booking.com.
Hotels with courtyards:
- Hotel Les Jardins du Marais: Close to Place de la République and Bastille – see prices on Booking.com
- Le Pavillon de la Reine: Luxury, near Place des Vosges – see prices on Booking.com
- Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero: Good views of Eiffel – see prices on Booking.com
- Relais Christine: Luxury, Saint-Germain-des-Prés, close to Notre Dame – see prices on Booking.com
- B Montmartre: Good value, 17th arr. – see prices on Booking.com
Disagree? Quieter hotels you can recommend? Please let us know.
- If you want to stay close to the business district as well as the boutiques, Opera district is ideal. But beware of the avenues with heavy traffic and numerous metro stations. Instead, go for the side streets in the area.
- La Défense is convenient for business travellers and guaranteed to be quiet at night. However it is not known to be very safe. This seems to be improving as the area is being further developed.
- May be a bit expensive, but 16th arrondissement/Passy/Trocadéro is mostly residential and does have some quiet hotels.
- Montmartre/Pigalle is trendy and the nightlife could be attractive. But it is not the best area to look for quiet hotels in Paris. There is a fair number of noisy streets.
If you want to learn more about Paris public transport, the official guide is here.
Thinking of exploring France beyond the capital city? This Lonely Planet guide is a good start.