The key strategy in finding the best quiet hotels in Ibiza is simple. Stay close to major centres, but do not stay inside the town. A short walk or a taxi ride will get you the hustle and bustle when required, but you will still be able to sleep, avoiding the 24-hour parties. A few suggestions below:
- Suite Hotel S’Argamassa Palace: Short taxi ride to Santa Eulalia and Ibiza Town, very close to a beach. All rooms overlook the pool which will be more peaceful than larger hotels. See prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 9.2/10, TripAdvisor: 4.5/5.
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa: Near Puig De Missa, close to the seafront and bars of Santa Eulalia. Double glazing is reportedly effective even if overlooking the pool. See prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 8.9/10, TripAdvisor: 4.5/5.
- Bellamar Hotel: Just off the seafront and attractions of San Antonio Bay. Quiet location and guests tend to be 30+. Good value for the area. See prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 8.8/10, TripAdvisor: 4.5/5.
- Hotel Occidental: Formerly Barceló Pueblo Ibiza. Very quiet area, close to Port d’es Torrent beach and San Antonio. See prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 8.6/10, TripAdvisor: 4/5.
- Invisa Hotel La Cala: Very close to Santa Eulalia Beach, short drive to Ibiza Town, this is a quiet adults-only hotel with a spa. See prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 8.3/10, TripAdvisor: 4.5/5.
Disagree? Quieter hotels you can recommend? Please let us know.
Not very interested in the clubbing culture of the island, or just after some activities for the day? Here is a Lonely Planet guide with ideas ranging from water sports and scuba diving to contemporary art museums and ancient burial grounds. A few more suggestions on these blogs: The Quieter Side of Ibiza and Uncover the Quiet Side of Ibiza.
Hiring a car could be a good idea if you want to see the different corners of Ibiza, but the bus services are also frequently used and recommended. Route information and maps can be found on the Ibiza Bus website.