(Updated in January 2022) We hand-picked quiet hotels in London for you, covering both leisure and business, as well as good value and luxury options:
- The Montague On The Gardens: Luxury hotel, minutes from the British Museum and close to King’s Cross/Eurostar. Quiet rooms overlooking a private garden. See prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 9.3/10, TripAdvisor: 5/5.
- Apex City of London Hotel: Ideal location for the City, close to Tower of London. Easy access to Canary Wharf and City Aiport. Quiet area, especially at night. See prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 9.0/10, TripAdvisor: 4.5/5.
- Best Western – The Boltons: By Earls Court station and close enough to King’s Road, Kensington Olympia and museums, one of the better value hotels in the area. Quiet rooms at the back of the hotel. See prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 7.5/10, TripAdvisor: 4/5.
Hotels with courtyards:
- Apex Temple Court Hotel (Fleet St, City of London) – see prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 9.0/10, TripAdvisor: 4.5/5.
- St James’ Court, a Taj Hotel (close to Buckingham Palace and Big Ben) – see prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 8.9/10, TripAdvisor: 4.5/5.
- Dukes Hotel (near Green Park, Mayfair) – see prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 8.6/10, TripAdvisor: 4.5/5.
- Z Hotel Soho (good value, heart of West End) – see prices on Booking.com. Review score on Booking.com: 8.1/10, TripAdvisor: 4/5.
Disagree? Quieter hotels you can recommend? Please let us know.
- For business trips involving City of London, Tower Hill/St Paul’s/Mansion House areas may be convenient and have several quiet hotels.
- In Central London, finding quiet hotels in Trafalgar Square, Oxford Circus, Soho, Victoria/Pimlico areas requires a lot of research. Marble Arch could be a better choice to avoid the crowds and noise.
- The upmarket area of Mayfair is quiet at night, but expect high prices for all hotels.
- If you want to be close to the Kensington Olympia Exhibition Centre, Earls Court and Gloucester Road areas have many hotels for all budgets. These would also be convenient for museums in South Kensington. But you might want to avoid High Street Kensington and Cromwell Road, both have heavy traffic.
- In general most main roads in London will be on bus routes. Please be aware that some of these buses will be running 24 hours.